Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Upcoming Tutoring & Assignment Help Sessions
Peer Tutoring Sessions:
- Literature Review - Writing Help
- October 12th from 12-1 pm in the Regula Training Room. See the Learning Center AIMS site for more information.
- Statistics Calculations
- November TBD from 12-1 pm. See the Learning Center AIMS site for more information.
Literature Review Help Session - with Professor McEwen
- October 11th from 12-1 pm in room F-118.
Support Services for ESL Students
The Learning Center has hired a part-time ESL tutor from Kent State University’s Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) graduate program. This tutor, Amanda Balch, will collaborate with Learning Center staff, and faculty from both the COM and COP to offer one-on-one meetings to address students’ concerns with writing, communication, public speaking, field-specific vocabulary, and more.
Sessions will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the academic year.
- You can sign up for a 30 minute session with Amanda, one-on-one, from 4:00-8:00 pm, while additional availability from 12-4 PM may become available as well. All sessions, including their specific location, are currently available for you to view and sign-up in AIMS.
We look forward to enhancing our support for ESL students throughout this semester and beyond. If you have any questions about these services, please contact Amanda Balch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EBM I Week 4 Session Guide
EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE I
October 2, 2018
- Practice questions for Dr. Baughman’s lecture are available. See the Resources folder --> Statistics practice questions folder.
- Optional Literature Review Help Session on October 11th from 12pm-1pm in room F-118.
- Optional Peer Writing Tutoring Session - October 12th from 12-1 pm in the Regula Training room. See the Learning Center AIMS site for more information.
- Quiz 2 Review Session with Dr. Baughman - October 15th from 12- 1 pm in the NEW Center Auditorium
- Literature Review is due at 5 pm on October 16th. Submit your paper and your journal articles via your EBM I drop box in AIMS.
- Statistics/research design quiz on October 16th
- Statistics quiz on October 30th
- Exam on November 20th
TOPIC: Therapy (Inferential Statistics and Hypothesis Testing)
FACULTY: Kristin Baughman, Ph.D.
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the process of generating confidence intervals for normally-distributed data
- Explain how confidence intervals for odds ratios can be used to compare different therapeutic options
- Define Null and alternative hypotheses
- Describe Type I and Type II errors and how they relate to p-values
- Describe when you would use the following tests: t-test, paired t-test, ANOVA
BRING TO CLASS: Your laptop and clicker
ASSIGNED READING: None
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: This class’s material will be covered on Quiz 2 on October 16th.