Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Because it is a Zoom session, we will not require students to wear white coats and ID badges, Students are required to wear semi-professional attire.The rubric has been modified because of this change. See the modified rubric on the rubric page of this guide.
- HSC IV students: A video example of a P4 giving a journal club can be found in the HSC IV AIMS site (see January 22, 2021). She also has a second video explaining how she made decisions about how to do her presentation. She also provided an example of a handout. Please note handouts are optional.
College of Medicine Curriculum Mapper, Asst. Professor of Family and Community Medicine
Introduction to the Guide
This is a guide for the journal club presentation assignment in the PPC II and HSC IV courses.
The PPC II journal club small groups will include M1 students. You must receive a passing grade (70% or higher) on the assignment to pass the assignment.
The HSC IV journal club small group members will be medicine students. You must receive a passing grade (80% or higher) on the assignment to pass the HSC IV assignment.
Contact Professor McEwen with questions that are not answered by the guide.
Assignment Learning Objectives
At the completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Evaluate a scientific research article
- Work as a team give an organized, oral presentation of the literature.
- Answer questions from faculty and other students pertaining to their article
HSC IV Journal Club Articles to Avoid List
These articles have already been used in the first HSC journal club or has been chosen by a group in HSC IV. Please choose an article not on this list.