Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
HSC IV Journal Club Announcements
- Because it is a Zoom session, we will not require students to wear white coats and ID badges, Students are required to wear semi-professional attire.The rubric has been modified because of this change. See the modified rubric on the rubric page of this guide.
- PPC V - Journal Club Article selection due on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:59 pm. Upload article to CANVAS
- PPC V Journal Club Session - Tuesday, February 15, 2022 from 10 am -12 pm
- PPC II Journal Club Session - Thursday, April 14, 2022 from 8-10 am
Help Session Information
- PPC V Optional Journal Club Help Session:
- PPC II Optional Journal Club Help Session:
- TBD 12-1 pm
- Informal session. Come with your questions about your article or about the article in general.
- Zoom information in AIMS
PPC II Small Group Journal Club Presentation Instructions
- Small group information, article information, small group leader contact information, and Zoom information can be found in the PPC II course CNAVAS sites.
- For PPC II, your small group leader will choose your journal club article. All articles will focus on obesity.
- Everyone must participate in the oral presentation. You can divide the oral presentation however your group would like.
- PowerPoint/Prezi slides are optional. They will not be graded, but you may receive formative feedback.
- You will want to practice your presentation with your group prior to the journal club session.
- Bring your journal article to the session. You may have notes.
How is the PPC V Journal Club Assignment Different from the PPC II Presentation?
- Create a clinical question based upon a standardized patient encounter using PP-ICO.
- Practice using the 7-step modified approach to answering clinical question.
- Search for a research article that you will answer your clinical question
- Evaluate the research article using the skills learned in previous coursework
- Apply the research article to patient care
- Work as a team to give an oral presentation
Students will be assigned to a small group based upon the Wasson case assigned to them in late January. Your group will be assigned to one of the following one-hour sessions on February 15th: 10-11 am or 11 am – 12 pm. See the PPC V Journal Club Presentation PPT Slides for assignment instructions. The presentation template slides from the ICE course have been provided as a template for your presentation slides. A copy of the rubric has also been provided. See CANVAS for more details.
- Expectations of student performance compared to the PPC II Journal Club Presentation:
- You will be expected to provide greater detail in your presentation to the statistics in the article.
- You will be expected to apply your knowledge gained from your basic science courses and D&T I.
- You will be expected to better apply the research to clinical practice.