Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- HSC IV - Journal Club Article selection due on Monday, January 13, 2021 at 5 pm. Email your choice to Prof. McEwen
- HSC IV Journal Club Session - Friday, January 22, 2021 from 1-3 pm
- PPC II Journal Club Session - Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 8-10 am
Who to Contact
- Questions about the assignment - Professor McEwen
- Questions about ExamSoft - Assessment Team
- Questions about honoraria, paperwork, contact information, etc. - Alyssa Pryor (COM)
- See supporting documents for more detailed instructions.
- Groups may divide the oral presentation however they would like. Everyone should participate in the oral presentation.
Day of the Session
- We will use Zoom for the session. Please let Heather McEwen or Alyssa Pryor know about any technology issues that happen during the session.
- Inform the Heather McEwen after the session about any absences, professionalism issues, etc.
- Return all needed materials to Academic Services (A-40).
- Prior to the day of the presentation, each small group leader will be emailed a copy of the rubric If you want, you can print off a copy to use during the session and complete the official ExamSoft graders at your convenience. The non-official ExamSoft grader will be asked to provide handwritten formative feedback on a copy of the rubric and return it to Academic Services after the session. This will be emailed to the students as additional feedback.
HSC IV Journal Club Presentation - January 22, 2021
- Your two groups will choose their own journal club articles. Journal club article information must be submitted to Professor McEwen by January 11th at 5 pm. Professor McEwen will give preliminary approval and send you the article information to your small group leader for final approval.
- On-Campus faculty will be asked to create a Zoom session for the presentations. Please email the Zoom information to Alyssa Pryor by January 4th at 5 pm.
- Articles must be unique from other groups. They may not be an article that was used in the previous journal club session or the PPD I journal club workshop. See the articles to avoid list in AIMS to check that your selection is not listed. The document will be updated as articles are submitted.
PPC II Journal Club Session - April 15, 2021
- Small group leaders must turn in two articles by date. Articles must be unique from other groups. You can choose your own articles or choose one from a list of previously used articles. See the articles to avoid list in AIMS to check that your selection is not listed. The document will be updated as articles are submitted.
- Research articles about obesity (clinical or public health related)
- On-Campus faculty will be asked to create a Zoom session for the presentations. Please email the Zoom information to Alyssa Pryor by March 15th at 5 pm.
- Presentations should be 20+ minutes. One group presents. Small group leader(s) and other group asks questions. The second group then presents.
- Possible discussion points:
- Your thoughts on choosing a journal club article and giving presentations.