Skip to Main Content
- PPC V - Journal Club Article selection due on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:59 pm. Upload article to CANVAS
- PPC V Journal Club Session - Tuesday, February 15, 2022 from 10 am -12 pm
- PPC II Journal Club Session - Thursday, April 14, 2022 from 8-10 am
Who to Contact
- Questions about the assignment - Professor McEwen
- Questions about honoraria, paperwork, contact information, etc. - Nancy Woolverton (PPC V) or Kevin Hart (PPC II)
- See supporting documents for more detailed instructions.
- Groups may divide the oral presentation however they would like. Everyone should participate in the oral presentation.
Day of the Session
- We will use Zoom for the session. Please let Heather McEwen or Alyssa Pryor know about any technology issues that happen during the session.
- Inform the Heather McEwen after the session about any absences, professionalism issues, etc.
- Return all needed materials to Academic Services (A-40).
- Prior to the day of the presentation, each small group leader will be emailed a copy of the rubric If you want, you can print off a copy to use during the session and complete the official ExamSoft graders at your convenience. The non-official ExamSoft grader will be asked to provide handwritten formative feedback on a copy of the rubric and return it to Academic Services after the session. This will be emailed to the students as additional feedback.
PPC V Journal Club Presentation - February 15, 2022
- Your two groups will choose their own journal club articles. Journal club article information must be submitted to Professor McEwen by January 10th at 11:59 pm. Professor McEwen will give preliminary approval and send you the article information to your small group leader for final approval.
- On-Campus faculty will be asked to create a Zoom session for the presentations. Please email the Zoom information to Nancy Woolverton (PPC V) or Kevin Hart (PPC II).
PPC II Journal Club Session - April 14, 2022
- Small group leaders must turn in two articles by date. Articles must be unique from other groups. You can choose your own articles or choose one from a list of previously used articles. See the articles to avoid list in AIMS to check that your selection is not listed. The document will be updated as articles are submitted.
- Research articles about obesity (clinical or public health related)
- On-Campus faculty will be asked to create a Zoom session for the presentations. Please email the Zoom information to Kevin Hart by March 15th at 5 pm.
- Presentations should be 20+ minutes. One group presents. Small group leader(s) and other group asks questions. The second group then presents.
- Possible discussion points:
- Your thoughts on choosing a journal club article and giving presentations.