Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Read the following article:
This book is on course reserve in the library.
EBM I Week 13 Session Guide
EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE I
December 4, 2018
- Beginning of material on EBM II Exam
- The first hour of today’s session is a MANDATORY session. The second hour is the retake exam.
- The December 11th class is a virtual session. You are required to have viewed and learned the material prior to the EBM II exam in January.
- The retake exam is today at 2 pm.
TOPIC 1: Evidence Based Medicine, the Physical Exam, and Art
FACULTY: Paul J. Lecat, M.D. and Heather McEwen, MLIS, MS
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss how observation skills can help healthcare provide better patient care during the physical exam and during pharmacy interactions with patients.
- Use their observation skills to ask more effective patient questions.
- Understand how clinicians have utilized art and the Sherlock Holmes literature to illustrate observations skills needed by healthcare providers.
- Generate differential possibilities from an observation, then use further questions and exam maneuvers, to determine which possibility is most likely.
Test Your Knowledge: Practice questions will be placed in the class session folder in AIMS. These questions are for your own self-study and will not count toward your grade.