Health Systems and Community III
August 24, 2020
- If you prefer to access the database via the app, please download the app before class or at the beginning of class. The link for the app is listed below.
- Sign Up at Cochrane Crowd prior to class on September 29th. Cochrane will send you a confirmation email after you sign-up.
- Cochrane Crowd assignment - Complete in class on September 29th
- Literature Review - October 20th
- Timed Clinical Question assignment - Complete in class on October 20th
- Introduction to PBLI presentation - November 17th
TOPIC: Introduction to the United States Preventative Services Task Force Recommendations
FACULTY: Heather McEwen, MLIS, MS
AT THE END OF THE LECTURE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the purpose of the USPSTF and how their recommendations can be used to provide better patient care.
- Define each of the USPSTF grades
- Perform a search for recommendations for a patient and explain which preventative care measures and screening tests should be part of that patient’s care.