- There is no live Zoom session on 3/26/2021. There will be an optional Introduction to PBLI presentation help session during class time via Zoom.
- Complete the assignment listed below anytime by 5 pm on March 26th and upload it to the assignment tool in AIMS.
- Introduction to PBLI presentations on April 12th.
TOPIC: Clinical Application of EBM
FACULTY: Heather McEwen, MLIS, MS
AT THE END OF THE ASSIGNMENT, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Apply the knowledge and skills that you have learned about evidence based medicine in two years of curriculum to a clinical situation or your future clerkships.
ASSIGNED READING: None
Clinical Application of EBM Assignment:
For this assignment, you will create a 1–2-page reflective writing. When completed, upload your assignment to the assignment tool in the AIMS by 5 pm on March 26th.
Using the knowledge and skills you have achieved in two years of curriculum, reflect on COVID- 19 or your upcoming M3 year. You could consider one or more of the following topics.
- Discuss where EBM has been successfully utilized during the pandemic.
- Discuss where EBM was not used and should have used during the pandemic.
- Discuss how a physician might discuss vaccines with a vaccine-wary patient.
- Discuss how you might use you EBM knowledge and skills during your clerkships.