August 15, 2022
- Optional tertiary resources assignment help session - TBD
- Tertiary resources assignment due at 5 pm on September 1st. Upload the document to the PPC I assignment tool in CANVAS.
TOPIC: Medical Tertiary Resources lecture
FACULTY: Heather McEwen, MLIS, MS
AT THE END OF THE WORKSHOP, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between primary, secondary, and tertiary resources
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of utilizing tertiary resources
- Evaluate the quality of tertiary resources
- Identify tertiary resources utilized by physicians to answer clinical information questions
- Discuss the components of the drug and herbal monographs
- Differentiate when clinical guidelines or journal articles should be consulted
- Differentiate when drug monographs or journal articles should be consulted
Tertiary Resources Assignment Information:
- You must use the resources in the Tertiary Resources assignment guide to complete your assignment.
- Your tertiary resources assignment will be emailed to you the first week of PPC I.
- Tertiary Resources Assignment due at 5 pm on September 1st. You can turn in the assignment early.
- Turn in your assignment via your PPC I assignment tool in CANVAS. Your graded assignment will be returned to you via your assignment tool.
- Assignment remediation: Any student receiving less than 70% on the assignment must remediate the assignment. They will be given ten additional questions to complete.
- Mac users – See the note in the assignment guide about converting the document form
- Tertiary Resources Assignment
Tertiary Resources Assignment FAQ:
- Where can I find my assignment?
- What resources should I use for the assignment? See the tertiary resources assignment tab of this guide.