Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- See the announcement section of the PPC IV CANVAS site to see an example of a literature review.
- Literature Review is due September 27th at 11:55 pm.
- Email Prof. McEwen if you have questions about the assignment or would like to check that your article meets assignment requirements.
- Because PPC IV ends November 30th. Resubmissions will be do on November 22nd.
College of Medicine Curriculum Mapper, Asst. Professor of Family & Community Medicine
Thank you to Chad Statler, MLIS for his work transferring this assignment guide from a print document to a library guide. His help on the guide was greatly appreciated.
Introduction to the Guide
This guide is an assignment guide for the PPC IV literature review assignment. You must receive a passing grade (70% or higher) on the assignment to pass the PPC IV course.
Assignment Learning Objectives
At the completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- independently identify a clinical/research question that they want to answer
- locate credible data to answer the question
- synthesize the information they have found
- apply the feedback provided to better answer future questions
- show competence in scientific writing expected of an physician
- cite references within the text of a paper and in the literature cited section of the paper.
Questions about the Assignment
Please refer questions about the assignment to Heather McEwen, MLIS, MS.
Office: G-142 (within the Department of Family and Community Medicine)