The advice and information on copyrighted materials provided by the library is not intended to substitute for and is in no way legal advice. For legal questions, contact Maria Schimer, JD, Legal Counsel (330) 325-6356.
About This Guide
Copyright can be confusing, and this guide is an attempt to inform NEOMED facutly, students, and staff about copyright in general and on our campus. We hope this is helpful, but please contact us if you have questions or need assistance!
The following is a list of the information contained on each page.
- Library Presentation on Copyright & Image Use in the Classroom
- Copyright Tools
- Additional Sites on Copyright
- What is Copyright?
- What do Copyright Laws Say?
- NEOMED Copyright Policy
- General FAQs
- Publishing/ Intellectual Property FAQs
- Resource FAQs
- Copyright in Courses FAQs
- Campus Copyright Roles
- Contact Information
Copyright & Faculty
- How do I cite images?
- Using Images in Lectures
- I am a faculty member. What do I need to know?
- Course Lecture Image Requirements
- Common Medical Publishers' Permissions
- Tips for Requesting Permission
- What Answers Could I Get?
- I Want to Request Permission Myself, What do I Need?
Copyright & Students
- Disciplinary Action for Copyright Infingement
- Legal Alternative to Copyright Infringement
- I am a student. Do I need to worry about copyright laws?
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
- The Image LibGuide, a resource directory of permissible use image resources